So while I did BT several years ago, I thought this was a fun way to engage the audience. So there’s two ways to get to be a background extra for the Kaerwyn comics!
1. Patreon pledgers get a chance to actually have a character of their design in the background during scenes where it’s appropriate. I haven’t had the chance to add these in yet since the Kaerwyn town scenes haven’t shown up in this issue yet (They will eventually, don’t worry!). If you want to see your character in the background of the town scenes, think about donating via Patreon!
2. Crowd Scenes – If there’s one thing I hate drawing it’s ‘crowd scenes’ of lots of different people in the background. This one is open to everyone but it requires a couple of things: #1. You have to have an account on Second Life. Second Life is free, so you can sign up without having to pay anything. #2. And this is very important – You need to have the proper WereHouse or Kaerwyn Creations avatar for the scene. Will this require you to buy something? If you don’t have it already, then yes, you will have to buy the avatar. This does cost money. (Though there are ways to get SL currency without paying, but unless you’re already playing it, this is unlikely). The avatars are usually only $4 USD, so consider it a donation of sorts! Patreon pledgers – Some of you get free avatars!
This is not a cheap ploy to get you guys to donate or buy avatars. I really do enjoy getting crowds of people on to help me make scenes for the comic. But this is one way you can help support me, and get a fun little reward for it!
Now why do I bring this up? A scene is going to be coming up for a crowd. I would like to get a bunch of you guys together on Sunday June 22nd or Monday June 23rd on a photoshoot set.
1. You must have a Second Life Account.
2. You need to have one of the following avatars: Kaerwyn Creations Raccoon: Gray, Brown, Black, or White (Hint: If you go to our main shop in Therianation, they’re actually cheaper there.)
3. You need to wear some fairly simple clothing for this. A tunic and plain pants are fine. Please do not show up decked out in fancy clothes you picked up in another shop, you will be asked to remove them. If you don’t have any appropriate clothes for your avatar, we’ll be handing out plain white shirts with black pants.
4. You need to be able to come on to Therianation when we do the photoshoot. Still determining the time for this. We may do multiple shoots if people in various timezones can’t make it.
Please reply if you are interested. I need to know how many people will show up and when to make the appropriate time.